June 23, 2010

So Long For Now...



I don't quite know how to say this, so I will just say that, after much thought, I have decided to quit blogging. There are many reasons, and perhaps you aren't even interested in them, but I will try to explain, a little.

When I started this blog, nearly three years ago, I'm not sure that I had any particular kind of blog in mind. I began by writing a few little stories from my own life. Some of them were humorous, and some were of a more serious nature. Readers seemed to enjoy them. I liked sharing them. Others were written about people I have known, and relatives, and loved ones that I have lost, and even a pet, or two. I, also, wrote about particular social issues, or stories of interest, happening locally, or elsewhere.

Right after I started my blog, though, the political climate began to change in this country. I began to pay closer attention than I had ever done, before. Some things were happening that I felt needed to be brought to the attention of others, and I began to write about them...not in any erudite way, because I'm certainly no political scientist, but I wrote what I was observing, sometimes, even with a little twist of humor. After awhile, I couldn't find any humor in any of it. It had become frightening, and overwhelming, to the point that I didn't want to think about it, much less to write about it. So, I stopped writing about it.

I began to re-post several of my older pieces, and every now and then, I make an attempt at writing something, but it seems that my heart just isn't in it, anymore.

Unlike many who say that they blog only for themselves, I don't think that I do, and I feel that if you are taking the time to come to my blog, that you should find something worth your time. I appreciate, so much, everyone who has taken the time, and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

Perhaps, I will feel differently about things later on, but I don't know if I will. I will leave my blog up for awhile, so that if there is anything of interest in my archives that you would like to read, you may. Later, I plan to delete it.

Peace...from my house, to yours.
Jan

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan, thanks for the time and effort you have put in sharing with us. I have truly been blessed. Peace, happiness and God's grace be with you.

Purple Cow said...

Take care. What a pity I discovered you at the end of the road.

Bye bye.

Jan said...

Anonymous..thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words, and I wish you peace, happiness, and God's grace, too.

Perhaps, I will reconsider my decision not to blog anymore, but right now, I just don't know for sure.

Thanks, again, for taking the time to read my blog, and for commenting, now.

Jan said...

Purple Cow..I appreciate your comment, so much. I feel that I am letting down the people who really enjoyed coming by my blog, and perhaps, as I said, after some time, I may reconsider my decision.

Again...thank you so much.

Always On Watch said...

Bummer.

I finally find time to stop back by here again and you're leaving.

Jan said...

AOW...well, as you can see, hardly anyone has noticed! LOL

I hope that you are well, and that Mr. AOW is getting better. I think of you, often, and always say a little prayer, asking for grace, and strength, for you both.

GUYK said...

Thanks Jan for not only your writing but for coming by to read my daily musings.

I understand how you feel...there have been times in the past few months when it was more of a chore than enjoyment to put up a post. I have been tempted to quit and in fact do not post near as much as I did in the past although I do try to put up a post each day.

Good luck and if you decide to write again please let me know...

Jan said...

Guyk..thanks, for your understanding, and should I ever decide to post, again, I'll be sure to let you know! :)

I think more, and more, bloggers are losing thier zeal for writing, but I think it has a lot to do with the general climate of things going on in our country at the moment.

Hopefully, there will be better days ahead for all of us.

Always On Watch said...

Jan,
I had a meltdown this morning. I wish that I could take back the tirade I went off on. Sheesh.

Z said...

Honey, I want you to stay. I can't tell you how MANY times I've decided to close geeeZ, especially these last few days (the rancor with my leftist trolls and worry for our country are really getting to me), but then I keep writing.
I REALLY hope you change your mind. And I ask your forgiveness...sometimes I don't visit like I used to and then I forget good bloggers are out there..and you are always interesting and always kind.
Let's stay in touch via email in any case. xxx z

Jan said...

Dearest Z..there is no need to ask forgiveness. I, of all people, understand how hard it is to try to keep up with everything that's going on, and there are many, many, worthy bloggers out there.

Thanks for your kind words, because they are so appreciated. I have considered writing, again, and perhaps I will.

There is so much happening, on a daily basis, that it gets to be almost overwhelming in trying to make sense of it all.

xoxo
Honey